Friday, July 24, 2009

Music Highlight: Everybody Else



Everybody Else, a band I first tuned in to earlier this summer, gets their name from a well known song by The Kinks (an old favorite of mine).  The band's formation in Los Angeles heavily influence their music, which is upbeat and energetic. That influence is also probably why they've become one of my favorite bands to listen to during the summertime. Their sound reminded me of Rooney, another California based band that is already well established in the music scene. 

Unlike many bands with a good beat, Everybody Else's lyrics are well thought-out. Songs like "Memoriam" contemplate childhood memories in detail, and "Rich Girls, Poor Girls" discuss the merits of  loving girls with money and without. I can honestly say that I enjoy every song on their self-titled album, but some of my favorites include "Faker", "Say Goodbye", and "Meat Market"

Listen to their entire album here on Last.fm, or here on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment